Every Sweater Mabel Wears In Season One Of Gravity Falls: A Definitive Ranking
August 11, 2016
41. Purple Sequins - Headhunters
I think Mabel knows that despite the sparkle, this is the weakest of her many sweaters. That's why we never see her actually wearing it.
40. Purple Cat 2 - The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
This sweater is a fine sweater taken on its own. It would rank higher if not for the fact that it is the lesser of the two purple cat sweaters that Mabel owns.
39. Purple And Yellow Stripes - Summerween
You can't blame this sweater too much for being dull. It doesn't want to overshadow the summerween costumes we see in this same episode.
38. Red Chevron - Tourist Trapped
37. Purple and Blue Waves - Time Traveler's Pig
36. Orange Heart Sweater - The Legend Of The Gobblewonker
35. Hearts - Carpet Diem
34. Stars - Boyz Crazy
33. Red Stripes With Pocket - Little Dipper
It's got a pocket. The better for holding your gummy treats.
32. Owl - Land Before Swine
31. Mushroom - Dipper vs. Manliness
30. Flamingo - Land Before Swine
29. Music Note - The Inconveniencing
28. Daisy - Tourist Trapped
27. Watermelon - Bottomless Pit
26. Sunset - Dreamscapers
In a rare display of subtlety, Mabel marks an episode about dreams with a sunset sweater.
25. Strawberry - Headhunters
24. Heart Wearing Sunglasses - The Legend Of The Gobblewonker
What's cooler than a sun wearing sunglasses? A heart wearing sunglasses.
23. Four-Leaf Clover - Fight Fighters
22. Umbrella - The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
Perfectly on theme since Mabel is bringing the thunder.
21. 80s Sweater - Double Dipper
20. UFO - Land Before Swine
19. Thumbs Up - Gideon Rises
18. Disco Ball - Land Before Swine
You wish you were this cool.
17. Burger And Fries - Boss Mabel
16. Cursor - Bottomless Pit
15. Wolf Howling At The Moon - Bottomless Pit
14. Penguin - The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
13. Llama - Headhunters
No spoilers, but this sweater might rank higher in the season 2 list.
12. Ball Of Yarn - Bottomless Pit
A sweater of yarn. So meta.
11. Carol Corp - Double Dipper
Proof positive. Mabel is in Carol Corps.
10. Seahorse - Deep End
9. Light Up Mabel - Opening Credits
This one would rank higher if Mabel wore it in an episode and not just in the credits. And if it had a battery pack. As is, there's a real mobility issue.
8. Meow Wow - Tourist Trapped
7. Mabel - The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
You should always be careful not to wear sweaters that assist cold reads.
6. Mystery Shack - Gideon Rises
When Gideon takes control of the Shack, Mabel shows her team spirit by making herself this Mystery Shack themed sweater.
5. Scout's Honor / Crossed Fingers - Fight Fighters
A sweater that doubles as an advertisement for duplicity? I'm on board.
4. Butterfly - The Hand That Rocks The Mabel
This sweater doubles as protection for when the world is just too much, man.
3. Pig and Girl Set - Land Before Swine
I mean...it's so cute. I just...I can't even with how cute this is.
2. Air Bud - Irrational Treasure
A sweater that symbolizes all of the weird joy that is Mabel's secret power.
1. Shooting Star - Tourist Trapped
There was no way this sweater would not be number one. It is the ultimate Mabel sweater: shooting star.
About the author:
Tina blogs about She-Hulk at jenniferwaltersesq.tumblr.
Preorder a copy of I Love You And I Like You: A Parks And Recreation Zine here.
Strumming My Lady Harp: A Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 Zine is out now. Click here to order a copy.